Re: external Display and FBDev

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 01:20 +0200, Carsten Friede wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Just for fun, I switched my CRT on the external video connector of my
> iBook G4. After trying several options in the XF86Config-4, I disabled
> "UseFBDev". Bingo! It works!

Yes, radeonfb can't do dual head (yet)

> But as it is working for my CRT, the display of my iBook doesn't seem
> to get synced anymore. So, is there a workaround for this?

Yes, use X.org CVS HEAD or X.org 6.8.2 with the patches at
http://gate.crashing.org/~benh/xorg/ (apply in order given by the series
file) or look for somebody packaging these for debian (the ubuntu
packages may be useable).

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>