Re: memory checker?

Thanks all for the suggestions about the AHT. I only got a OSX and OS9
DVD so I figured I didn't have the test CD, but booting the OSX one with
the option key revealed the AHT. (The MacOSX DVD I got here seems to be
dual layer -- it is about 6.75GB big)

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 10:32 +1200, Corrin Lakeland wrote:

> I ran into this recently (same behaviour) and, unable to find a tool, took the
> memory out and tested it in an x86.  It was faulty too...

Interesting.

I ran the AHT about a dozen times now in 'extended check' mode. It
didn't find anything wrong. However, ever since I ran the test tool, the
error hasn't reappeared. Before, it would happen every day after I used
the machine for a few hours...

Go figure. Surely I don't have self-repairing RAM!

johannes