Re: syncing palm T5 on deb ppc

On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 18:59 +0200, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:55:26 -0700
> Adam Done <mlist@donestudios.com> wrote:
>
> > I have been looking to sync my palm T5 with mol but using udev and
> > hotplug, I can't get the dev to show up.  By
> > reading /usr/src/linux/Documentation/usb/usb-serial.txt and learning
> > that I need a device /dev/ttyUSB0 but udev does not create one.  I am
>
> Hi,
> The first thing you need is the visor kernel module. You will find it under
> USB Serial Converter/Handspring visor. Compile it as a module.
>
> This kernel module will provide the /dev/ttyUSBx devices and udev
> creates them without changes after the module is loaded.

That was a very good suggestion.  After looking over the kernel source I
had thought that module would not work on the T5.  Thank you very much.

Now I  have the ttyUSB automaticly added in /dev when I turn on the
palm.  However in the /etc/udev/udev.rules  I  have this setting:

BUS="usb", KERNEL="ttyUSB*", SYSFS{product}="Palm Handheld*",
SYMLINK="pilot"

But in /dev no link was created.  I am just learning about udev and
currently reading papers and such about using udev.

Also, I am looking to use the usb sync in mol to sync to my CRM software
without having to reboot to do that.  I don't know if I have to tell mol
to use /dev/pilot once that link is created.

-Adam