Re: shutting down mac mini

El lun, 25-04-2005 a las 10:17 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt escribió:
On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 20:56 +0200, congrio atarip wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have a mac mini in a client busines and i need that
> the owner (he doesnt know anything about computers or
> linux) poweroff the mac mini all days. But pressing
> the power button in a mac mini isnt work. Is there any
> way to do a clean poweroff of this machine?
>
> PD. this machine hasnt any conection to the net or any
> keyboard.
>
> thx in advance and excuse my very bad english.

It may be possible to read the power button status from userland and
trigger a clean shutdown... have you checked if you get anything from
/dev/pmu when you press it ?

Ben

Hi,
/dev/pmu only exist if i have installed pmud, but if i do "more /dev/pmu" or "cat /dev/pmu" i have an error: /dev/pmu: No such device.