Re: stranded Ibook g4 users

On Sat, 2005-04-16 at 23:06 -0400, Eric Pineault wrote:
> Hello, this is a call for help, you've all helped me out at one time or
> another. There has been an ongoing atempt to get sleep working on g4
> Ibooks running Ubuntu Hoary, the following thread on Ubuntu's ppc forum
> has recorded our exchanges. It seems there two versions of the G4 Ibook,
> and sleep currently only works on one. We're at the point where we think
> we should compile and patch a 2.6.12-x kernel, but I think none of us
> have sufficient experience (at least I don't). Could someone give us
> detailed instructions having in mind I've compiled a kernel only once
> and didn't have to build it, ie go from 2.6.11-x to 2.6.12-x...
> here's the thread, this would help us immensely.
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=25264&page=1&pp=10
>
> thank you
>
> excusez mon anglais, mais comme le message va sur la liste debian je
> préférais l'écrire dans la langue de la liste.

Can you try to identify the difference between those "2 types" of
ibooks, via /proc/cpuinfo and lspci... do they have the same rev of
video chip for example, and what CPU do they have ? Is the motherboard
code (PowerBookX,Y) the same ?

I'll try to grab users with such machines during LCA next week and see
if I can get them to work.

Ben.

P.S. Ton anglais est tout a fait comprehensible, pas pire que le mien :)