Re: Noise in X bitmaps. Beige G3.

On Apr 11, 2005 3:47 PM, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard@intevation.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 11:50:30AM +0100, David Deans wrote:

> My old lombard used to render artifacts in images
> and it was introduced at some point with an update of the xserver.
> It also had a rage pro.
>
> You could try switching off some hardware acceleration options
> as I found some emails saying the hardware had problems with some of those.
> This worked for me with vectors, it might help with images, too.
>
> For reference see:

It seems that the ATI line drawing bugs were never sorted, as the
solution that is suggested in that email seems to have done the trick
for me. In the end seems it was a problem with line drawing rather
than bitmaps or images - since I added the "XaaNo" options suggested I
haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

But anyway, I can use X now without it looking like a donkey's rear.

Thanks for the help,
Dave Deans.
--
http://www.livejournal.com/users/snooo