Re: Ibook G4 Alsa recording

Le jeudi 07 avril 2005 à 11:37 -0400, Michel Dänzer a écrit :
> On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 20:58 +0200, [ATR]Dj-Death wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I'm looking at how record on master/pcm output on my ibook G4 (mainly to
> > broadcast streaming using icecast and hear what I'm broadcasting), [...]
>
> Try the built-in speakers or headphones? ;)
>
> Seriously though, I don't think there's anything else connected to the
> PCM output, maybe you mean something else?

Yes, I mean something else.
Did you alread try to broadcast music using icecast ?

Let me explain how it work on my x86 box :
I launch ices2 (the icecast ogg daemon) which stream what I'm listening
using xmms. So I can hear xmms output through the audio output of my
sound card _and_ ices2 is recording it to broadcast.

That's exactly what I cant do using my ibook. I can launch ices2 and
xmms, but ices2 will never record anything that xmms is playing. You can
try it too with arecord. Launching arecord on hw:0,0 when xmms is
playing will never record anything on ibook G4. That's what I do not
understand.
So if you know what's wrong with that, please tell me.

--

Lionel Landwerlin / Dj-Death djdeath@gmx.fr