Re: eject debian 3.0 inittab

William,

In /etc/inittab you probably have a line like this:

#kb::kbrequest:/bin/echo "Keyboard Request--edit /etc/inittab to let this work."

If you have a line that starts with "kb:" (without the #) there is already
some action assigned, which maybe you want to keep.
On my machine I changed the above line to:

kb::kbrequest:/usr/bin/eject

After changing the file run
	telinit q
to activate the change. You can also reboot if you like.

Notes:
- You need to be root to make this change and run telinit.
- Use your favorite editor. If you don't have one try pico or nano.
- eject could be in a different place on your machine (unlikely though).
  To find out where it is run
	type eject
  If you get something saying 'type: eject: not found' you'll need to
  install eject. On debian that is done using
	apt-get install eject

That's all I can think off. Let me know if something is not clear or if you
need more info.

Martin