Re: apple trackpad driver update

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 08:35 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> > I've made a few updates today. Notable is the addition of yet another
> > USB product ID for the 12" series and a fix for some trackpads that send
> > 81 bytes in interrupt go as opposed to mine which sends 64 and 17 in two
> > consecutive interrupts.
>
> Hrm ? Isn't 64 the max for an USB interrupt pipe ?

Hm. Yes. (page 43 following of the USB 1.1 specs)
There are two possibilities now:
 * Apple ignores that
 * behaviour difference between 2.6.10 (which he was using)
   and 2.6.11 (which I am using)

But in the latter case, my driver still only allocates
  MAX(64,driver reported packet size)
bytes for the buffer so I have no clue how that would work...

johannes