Re: new powerbook touchpad

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 08:42 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> > A very basic and "touchy" driver is done. The coordinates of the code
> > are on my PowerBook page:
> > http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/PowerBook/touchpad/driver
>
> I think it should ultimately be entirely a kernel driver though ...

Yes, I agree. But this is imho easier for experimentation and
development, I actually developed the first prototype in python.

I'm still hoping someone with a bit of a clue how this might work would
pick it up to get palm detection etc. working, and thought the entry
barrier would be smaller having just a userspace program to modify and
not having to worry about the kernel too much.

Ultimately of course, once it works fine, it would probably be easy to
roll into a single kernel module.

johannes