Re: swim driver question for 2.6

On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 10:31:01AM -0600, vinai wrote:
> In trying to update the swim3 driver for 2.6, I was also pointed to
> the swim_iop.c driver (activated by CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SWIM_IOP kernel
> option).  Does anyone know if this driver is still needed for 2.6
> on 68k machines ?

The swim_iop driver never worked, honestly. I was the most recent
person to work on it, but I never got read/write running. The only
thing I got to work was all the ioctl type stuff, like eject and
format detection. The bulk data transfer is poorly documented.

It's only used on three specific models where there is no direct
access to the SWIM chip without disabling ADB. However, for those
three machines we won't be able to use floppies without this
driver or a replacement for it.

> It doesn't seem that is driver has been updated either (at least in
> the kernel.org tree).  What floppy drivers do folks with 68k macs
> use ?

It's only recently that anyone got any floppy driver working on a
68k mac in linux. The swim3 driver isn't quite right for any of
them, since they all have either an older version of SWIM or a
different chip entirely.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com