Re: did anybody get esound working on a remote server?

Le mardi 22 mars 2005 à 14:57 -0500, Tamas K Papp a écrit :
> I have been struggling with it for days, with no success.  I start
>
> esd -public -port 5001
>
> on the server, and try
>
> esdplay --server=servername:5001 soundfile.wav
>
> no error message, but no sound either.  On the server,
>
> esdplay soundfile.wav
>
> works, but
>
> esdplay --server=localhost:5001 soundfile.wav
>
> does not (no error message either).
I think esd respects some policy common with the tcp_wrappers,
so /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny. Maybe you should take a look
there?
Anyway, you should probably try to debug it at the network level, to see
if something is sent, and then if something is received. Therefore, I
suggest you try to use "iptraf".