Re: hdsploader on pcc

Hi peter,

I read:
> this is a bit complicated, due to big/little endian issues, perhaps.
> I am trying to load the firmware into my hdsp pcmcia card.

what kernel version are you using ? I think there was an endianness bug
in alsa some time ago, but it should have been at least fixed in the
sources one can get from alsa-project.org (dunno about the kernel, might
give 2.6.11 a shot tomorrow and report back.)

I don't have the breakoutbox with me so I can't really test this stuff
unless I find another one to borrow for an afternoon.

> peter:~# hdsploader
> hdsploader - firmware loader for RME Hammerfall DSP cards
> Looking for HDSP + Multiface or Digiface cards :
> Card 0 : PowerMac Screamer Rev 0
> Card 1 : RME Hammerfall DSP at 0xf3000000, irq 58
> Upload firmware for card hw:1
> Hwdep ioctl error on card hw:1 : Input/output error.
>
> I am using debian testing, running a 2.6.8 kernel with manually compiled
> 1.0.8 alsa drivers on a G3 powerpc laptop.

ah ok, so it /should/ work, maybe give 1.0.9rc1 a shot ?
did you reinsert the card a couple of times and tried to run hdsploader
more than once ?

good luck,

chris@lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)