Re: kernel source

Adam Done wrote:

I have been using the kernel.org kernel source and wondering if there
are source trees for the ppc like the old benh tree?  I went to the
ppckernel.org page and read the different kernel builds but I am looking
for the ppc source tree.

Is the kernel.org tree the one to use or is there one in the ppc tree to
use?

-thanks

-adam

I don't know if this will help, but I asked a similar question and this is what I got:

How different is the debian kernel than a regular kernel? for instance if I just wanted to download a newer kernel's source code, how much hacking would I have to do to get it compiled?

Debianized sources include some specific patches, but it is overall the
same. Compiling it is just a matter of 1 command. Read this:
http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html

--Mike