Re: source code for library calls

Hello Linjay,

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 11:30:33AM -0000, linay long wrote:
> Could you please provide link to the source code for user level
> calls like socket,bind ... which calls kernel functions sys_socket
> and sys_bind etc.
The good thing about free software is, that it comes with the source,
so this should be easy.  'socket' and 'bind' are, I think, part of the
standard C library, so you can get the source with the command

    apt-get source libc6

Warning: this is a huge library (the source archive is 13.2 MB),
and its complicated stuff.

> I would like to know what instructions will be
> there in user level socket and bind other than calling sys_socket
> and sys_bind respectively after generating software interrupt.
Sorry, I can't understand this.

I hope this helps,
Jochen
--