Re: open messes up the screen

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 10:09:35AM -0500, Tamas K Papp wrote:
> When I type
>
> open <filename>
>
> in an X terminal (yes, I know, but OS X habits die hard) it messes up
> some pixels and colors on the screen.  I know open is something
> completely different in linux, but it shouldn't have that kind of an
> effect, should it?  Is this a bug?  I wanted to ask before reporting
> it.

Well, open is really openvt. It fiddles around with the console to
start up a program on a new virtual console. X doesn't always like
that, but it should work better than that. The vt change should
trigger X to properly cleanup the screen before the switch. I'd
say file a bug.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com