Re: Newer laptops & CPU speed

El lun, 14-03-2005 a las 20:09 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt escribió:

> > BTW, have you any news in the trackpad / sound fields of these new
> > laptops ;). I remember someone (probably you) comenting on the list
> > about playing with a friends new-laptot and thinking in a not very hard
> > solution to these two things.
>
> Hrm... weird, I gave a --dry-run pass on a 2.6.11 copy here  and it
> appeared to work. The patch itself is against current bk. Maybe it got
> whitespace damaged. Can you try again with this copy ?

Ok, patch applied and tested, at least for me works!, cpu is detected
correctly at boot time and then cpufreq works, send you a small piece of
dmesg and the corresponding cpuinfo, hope this helps.

I use 'powernowd' as userspace governor.

I would like to mention that I applied the patch against 2.6.11.3
without a glitch.

Thanks for your work Ben.

Antonio Corbi
------------

dmesg:
------
Calibrating delay loop... 747.52 BogoMIPS (lpj=373760)
Thermal assist unit not available
Registering PowerMac CPU frequency driver
Low: 749 Mhz, High: 1499 Mhz, Boot: 749 Mhz
highmem bounce pool size: 64 pages

cpuinfo:
--------
acorbi@pbook-acb:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 7447A, altivec supported
clock           : 749MHz
revision        : 1.2 (pvr 8003 0102)
bogomips        : 747.52
machine         : PowerBook6,8
motherboard     : PowerBook6,8 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 287 (Unknown Intrepid-based)
pmac flags      : 00000008
L2 cache        : 512K unified

And when doing some work:

acorbi@pbook-acb:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : 7447A, altivec supported
clock           : 1499MHz
revision        : 1.2 (pvr 8003 0102)
bogomips        : 1495.04