Silent ALSA

From rom a fresh install of Debian, my GNOME volume control applet was set
to volume off, and no sound would be made while playing CDs etc. If I
adjusted the volume, it would shoot back down to zero as soon as I
release the slider.

I've installed ALSA, and ran alsaconf which has found my powermac
soundcard and configured it. I can now adjust the sound, but there is
nothing audible when I play anything.

Anything I should be looking for?

Cheers,

Ben

--
ben@serosoft.com - www.seigan.org
GPG Fingerprint: 4309 1C58 5143 AFAC F69E  11CD 76FD 56D4 1223 E387