Re: sorry, a bit more...

david wrote on 2/26/05:

>I found it necessary to fully load netatalk before cups via /etc/rc#.d
>and to make sure netatalk doesn't background itself as the only way to
>have trouble free cups/pap printing...

David-

Thanks for this.  I'm pretty sure I know where to go to learn about
changing load order, but (parading my ignorance) what about "making sure
netatalk doesn't background itself"?  Where can I go to find out more
about this?

I'm also a little unclear why I can't just use an http printing protocol
and count on the jetdirect handling appletalk requests from the OSX
laptop and http requests from the Linux Pismo.

The printer responds at <http://192.168.2.3> and I've tried both that
and port 9100, but no luck printing a test page via CUPS.  Sad thing is
that the web admin rejects MacOs browsers and Linux Lynx (actually, I
get "Hewlett Packard" on Lynx)

Best and thanks,

Charles

<vze26m98@optonline.net>