Re: Which Kernel for Airport Support?

Or you could do what I'm planning to do... get rid of that airport
extreme card (with only 15dbm anyway, and poor reception, I can't
connect to my access point if I'm more than 40 feet away with clear line
of sight) and replace it (not the kosher linux option) with a souped up
mini-pci card, like an Engenius 3054MP Aries 2 card (boasting 20dbm and
-95dm receive sensitivity), which has an Atheros chipset, which happens
to be very flexible in linux, versus the slowly developing and
non-functional broadcom chipset... I don't know if Atheros will work in
OS X, but I'm sure there's a port of the Madwifi driver for OS X if we
hunt around. Any clues as to why Apple is using this particular card in
their computers? I was thinking the only advantage to short range and
low power is less battery consumption and greater security? Anyway...
I'll let you know how it turns out, once I work up the courage to pry
open my case...