Re: Which Kernel for Airport Support?

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:23:03 +0000
Ben Hill <ben@serosoft.com> wrote:

BH> Hi,
BH>
BH> I'm currently using kernel 2.6.8-powerpc after a vanilla install of
BH> Debian.
BH>
BH> Is this a workable kernel to support the Airport adapter, or should
BH> I go with Ben Herrenschmidt's 2.4 kernel from penguinppc.org?
BH>
BH> Cheers,
BH>
BH> Ben

Airport should be OK, with the stock kernels (you need the airport
module to be loaded -- as I recall that was figured by the installer).
airport extreme on the other hand is a total non starter with any
kernel.

James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt@star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |