Powerbook G3 Wallstreet Problems!!!

Hi Everybody!

I've just installed Debian on a G3 Powerbook Wallstreet 233 which an austriab celebrety gave to me and managed to get some problems out of the way - like getting x started without having the keyboard mixed around when I install a 2.4 kernel (it's funny but typing op63u´t for shutdown but a bit confusing). But there are still a lot of problems I can't figure out that easy!

- I need PCMCIA support to run an Orinoco Wlan Card (I really do need this so I can continue my work on my Diploma thesis ...). But I really couldn't figure out what I did wrong and the things I found on the web are pretty confusing

- Sound under KDE would be nice but when I start KDE it says: Error while initializing the sound driver; device /dev/dep can't be opened (Permission denied)

- I also had some troubles with the video card, there was a fency strip under x, but I figured out that it's the colour depth set to high -- 24, so i turned default to 16, this works fine

So if anyone can please help me, I'm somehow a newby to debian, but gut some redhat experience,... and I really need this thing up and running for my diploma thesis...

Thanks a lot in forth,

Rainer