Re: Last ditch on PlanB driver

Hi guys,

Sorry to chime in late, but I was on holiday for two weeks, plus had my
primary mail laptop crash it's disk sortly before that....

Anyways....

On  17 Jan, this message from Dylan Beaudette echoed through cyberspace:
> On Monday 17 January 2005 08:54 am, Sean Jewett wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
>> > I will try to get the planb driver working with a more modern
>> > kernel and report back here when i have some spare time. also -- i
>> > am pretty sure that the planb driver needs the i2c subsystem in
>> > order to function.
>>
>> Well, I can confirm 2.4.27, I just got it working.
>>
> [snip snip]
>
> Great. I just installed a custom compiled 2.4.29 BK kernel from
> http://www.penguinppc.org/kernel/#bitkeeper
>
> and it looks like planb is working fine.

What is the final word then, what made it work for all of you?

As far as I can remember my useage (which dates quite a bit...), I
always had ioctl warnings, but they were never fatal.

If it helps (not sure if there is still need), I have quite a bit of old
xawtv version in source archive format (7 versions from 3.10 to 3.72).

Cheers

Michel

PS If you had to patch PlanB, I am interested in getting the patch. At
least I can keep everything together then :-)

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |