Re: g5 for ben

While getting me machines is a good idea (hint hint hint :) , it's
mostly useful when those represent a significant change in the HW
design. When they don't (like the minimac), it's a nice toy that I can
put to good use, but the linux support itself doesn't require me to have
access to the HW more than a week or two.

get sound going on minimac. ;)
i havent read any news on it working.

if you want something extreme i could donate you my sgi visual workstation 540, its mixture of intel chips with custom everything
else. sgi liquidated the division that made it so no docs seem to
exist. fortunately while they did exist they at least ported the
kernel and provided a fb driver and sound driver. beyond that
we have no idea how to talk to its firewire ports, av ports
or get accelerated 2d or 3d. :)

Please discuss this matter. I think bens feedback would
be handy.

I would expect a speed bump on the iMacs sooner or later, maybe it's
worth waiting a bit ... :)

yes, yes indeed. well the imac g5 seems to be the way to go if ben already has ample access to powermac g5's.

as i had also said, if there is another developer doing alot of work
perhaps we could provide some hardware to him/her.

Dean