Re: powerbook g4 sleep

Hi there...

On Sam, Jan 29, 2005 at 11:44:57  GMT, Jack Malmostoso wrote:
> Ciao Christopher Molnar, nel tuo messaggio dicevi:
>
> > Has anyone figured out how to put a powerbook g4 to sleep when closing
> > the cover so you do not have to reboot anytime you close the cover for
> > more than a minute or two?
>
> Since the PBG4 has a nVidia graphic chip it will not sleep (AFAIK)... at
> least until BenH gets one and goes one step forward in becoming a saint.

True, some of the PBs do have nvidia card (like mine), but the latest
models >= 15" for example do have an ATI 9700 card that is supported by
BenH's latest sleep patch.

Now for the more interesting part: I have been working on this issue for
some time now, and Rudolf Cornelissen found out how to coldstart nvidia
cards and has it working on x86 for his openbeos nv driver (for using a
second card that was not booted by the system's bios). Now I'm trying to
do the same on my PB, but, well.. it's a long and painful process ;)
My first goal is to get the VGA output working, the flatpanel stuff is
even more complicated. I do have a bunch of code here, but it doesn't work
at all right now. Still working on it...

Alex