Re: Status so far Re: Buy benh (or other) a minimac Re: Hi question about mac - mini

$1ghz costs an extra $325. which makes no sense.

other options include dvdrw for an extra $100

wireless internal bluetooth and airport extreme
or combos therewith. obviously airport express is
unsupported. unless ben feels like some serious
reverse engineering ;)

wired keyboard + mouse is + $60 wireless $100

comes with macosx in english or spanish.

and you can extend your support. which would
seem like a waster of time.

i think the ram upgrade to 512mb would be appropriate.
everything else seems unusable / trivial

thoughts?

Dean

Dean Hamstead wrote:
i think i mentioned that i havent quite formulated just how im going to
get the money together. if apple store let you pay off items that would
be ideal

from the donations thus far we may even be able to get hmm the larger of
the two models

ben has said that of course he wants a free computer but would prefer
an SMU'd machine. the bliss of a mini is that its cheap ;) and so as i
also mentioned - if ben can get some kinks out then ill buy one. sif
poor me can afford a g5 ;)

the other thing is, it wouldnt make sense to western union money transfer it to me as im in australia. pay pal would be the way, but
im investigating if apple store will magically let more than one
person pay for an item. assuming people have credit cards.

ok

imac g5 1.6ghz $1299
imac g5 1.8ghz $1499
imac g5 1.8ghz (20 inch) $1899

now compare to the macmini
macmini g4 1.25ghz $499
macmini g4 1.42ghz $599

now we see the marketing ;)
we can currently get the 1.42ghz i think
possibly upgrading the ram with a few more donations
(255 is just rubbish. i have 384 on my imac dv)

can we realistically get $1k+?

(sorry, for the less english fluent, k can replace
000)

Dean

Roland Wegmann wrote:

Hi Dean

First: Great idea!!

I can give you $40. But how can I send you the money? Western Union
takes $9.50 away. You would get ~$30 in the end. How does all the others
send you there money?

bye

Roland Wegmann