Re: Buy benh (or other) a minimac Re: Hi question about mac - mini

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 08:07 +0100, Philipp Kaeser wrote:
> hej,
>
> count me in for another $50.
>
> > ideally it would be good if apple's store had some sort
> > of method of ordering and paying off. although they may
> > have figt vouchers (which would be the way to go). just
> > buy the gift voucher and send it to ben.
>
> I did not see any voucher over at apples store, but you
> could also buy it via amazon (just checked it, there is one).
> However, I think it is simplest to paypal all the donations...
>
> a) directly to benh, if he's got a paypal account
>     (ben, we'd need your paypal data...)

Wait, my paypal account got suspended after I failed to "confirm" it
lately... However, I think you can order on Apple Store with a different
delivery address than billing address

> b) to someone else having a paypal account and a credit card,
>     he then would order the mini directly from the store and
>     let it ship to benh (ben, your address... :) )
>
> I'd prefer a). And I'd volounteer for b), if required...
>
> Dean: are you going to compile a list of volounteers so far,
> such as we know when there's enough donations? (or benh
> will end up with a pile of minis and hack clustering stuff
> instead of graphics drivers).

Hehehe :) Well, in fact, what I need the most at the moment isn't a
mini, which I would surely like having, but also seems to be a trivial
platform to support (basically an iBook G4 with a few changes), but
rather one of the new SMU based machines. The SMU is replacing the old
PMU (power management chip) along with the fan control unit etc... all
in one chip and we dramatically lack inforamtions about it. It can be
found in the iMac G5 and in the latest single CPU desktop G5 afaik...

Ben.