on apple battery life

"No it is best to use power as much as possible to save battery life.
As
long as the cable is plugged in the battery is not used, only
recharged.
At least this is my understanding of the principle. Modern batteries
can
be recharded even when the are not empty.

Regards,"

I read somewhere, my owner's manual?, that this is some what true.  Yes
newer apple lap tops are protected from what my brother calls "frying
his pc lap top's battery" (from plugging into the wall too often).  But
I never got the feeling that this was an absolute.

Also, about the latest batteries on apple laptops not having memory
problems (and thus allowing you to perform incomplete cycles) is bogus.
I've worked in the electronics buss and I'll tell you that every time a
new battery technology comes out they tell you that it has no memory.
(It's called lying with a straight face) With time they always fess up
because there is always appears a battery technology bringing attention
to the fact that the older battery is deprecated for memory problems (or
people simply start to notice shorter battery life spans).  Why else
does my apple owner's manual say that I should do a full cycle at least
once a month if not to conserve battery life?

Just beware of these issues and use the laptop responsibly.  And if you
end up with a battery that has a bad life span down the road, well I
hear that there are battery replacements that offer longer life periods
than the apple batteries anyway.