Re: still no macromedia flash support?

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:02:18 -0500, Mike Small <smallm@panix.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 09:45:49AM -0600, Tommy Trussell wrote:
> > Frustratingly, I have somehow enabled flash advertising (on web pages
> > like http://www.economist.com/ ), which REALLY bogs down this 266 Mhz
> > PowerBook!
>
> Here's a tip: get the adblocker plugin and add filters for any sites
> with troublesome flash. eg http://www.economist.com/*swf  (or just
> their ad server or ad directory if it's that easy with their site
> to get rid of all the ads).

I was finally able to install the adblock extension (not plugin). On
the Economist site, putting *doubleclick* into the adblock settings
completely removed the annoying images. However now the firefox
performance has tanked even in gmail... so I'll need to adjust things
a bit more. Thank you for the suggestion!