Re: Floppy disks

Curtis Vaughan wrote:

I want install Debian on a PowerMac I recently acquired. Unfortunately, I have to make floppies apparently, but I can't seem to find any instructions on exactly how to go about making floppies. Could someone give me some advice here?

If you use bootx the process is pretty simple

the basic idea is
1. partition hard drive (use macos hd tool) and create macos partition and 2 unix parts
2. install macos
3. install bootx and ramdisk and kernel
4. select ramdisk and kernel from bootx control panel
5. boot linux
6. follow prompts in debian installer

you probably should have a debian cd as well, unless you have a good internet connection.

have a look at the installation howto as well

David Howe