Re: 43p-140 install issues

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 03:06:35PM +0100, Philippe Guyot wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 January 2005 13:19, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > the install goes on rather nicely, I stopped just before repartitionning
> > > the scsi disk. (do not want to kill my running woody just now !  I am not
> > > sure of consequences of pci problem).
> >
> > Did d-i find your scsi controller ?
>
> Yes, partman sees the partitions already on the scsi disk.
>
> > And your network card ?
>
> Yes, it was able to download stuff for install.

Cool, that means that we can probably ignore those messages for now. I wonder
about the root=/dev/ram option though.

> >If so, it may
> > not be so problematic the errors above.
> >
> > > Because of workaround 2, I can't do the job with my graphic card (Matrox)
> > > unless I find something like console=vga.....
> >
> > console=tty0
>
> I tried with console=/dev/console but there was nothing but the penguin image
> on the screen. I will try again with tty0.....

You could even try :

console=ttyS0,9600 console=tty0

Which makes both consoles active, and the last one being the really used one.
It will echo the console stuff to the serial port though.

Friendly,

Sven Luther