Re: Cloning to an external video projector...

Julien BLACHE wrote:
Eugen Dedu <Eugen.Dedu@pu-pm.univ-fcomte.fr> wrote:

Hi,

I have already used my PowerBook G4 15" for videoprojection.  You need
to patch the kernel (I have patched 2.6.8.1).  See videoprojection
topic, reply of Julien Blache, at
http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DebianOnPowerPC.

The patch only works for machines with a Rage 128 chipset. Someone
please add that to the wiki if it's not written already...

JB.

Sorry for ignorance, how do I know if a machine has a Rage 128 chipset? All PowerBook 15" use the same chipset, isn't it?

Also, this patch works for PowerBook 15" Alu (my computer), does it work for other models too?

Regards,
Eugen
--
Eugen Dedu
Assistant Professor / Maître de conférences