Re: Debian + Mac OSX: boot directly from debian?

Shyamal Prasad wrote:

   "William" == William Xuuu <william_xuuu@163.com> writes:

   William> Hi, On my dual system, i've to press Alt while booting to
   William> choose debian, or Mac OSX will boot as default. How to
   William> set debian as the default boot system?  thanks.

I'm new to Mac OS X and ppc Linux, but what kind of system is this?
Are you booting with yaboot? If so you I believe you need to add the
line

defaultos=linux
default=<label>

where <label> is the label for the default kernel image you want to
boot to /etc/yaboot.conf

Cheers!
Shyamal

I am rather new to all of this and I found two web sites that are very useful.

http://www.askdavetaylor.com
http://penguinppc.org/bootloaders/yaboot/