AV PPC support Apple conference camera

Hi all

I have a 8600 AV PPC running debian using the stock 2.2 debian kernel. I also have an old Apple conference camera which connects via the s-video or composite video inputs on the 8600. After perusing the net looking for pointers, I have found a lot of pointers to USB style devices or quickcam serial devices but nothing that specifically relates to the standard video camera.

Please note, this is an analogue device, Apple incorporated an onboard hardware processor into their AV product line so I imagine I need kernel level support for the AV side and then applications that will recognise the device. Any ideas?

thanks

david