Re: USB -> Parallel

On 03 Jan 2005 at 18h01, Matthew T. Atkinson wrote:

Hi,

> 'ello,
>
> I need to connect to a printer that only has a parallel connection
> with my PowerBook5,4.  Does anyone know of any supported adaptors?  I
> can only see serial ones in menuconfig...

>From http://www.linux-usb.org/PressRel1.html :

Althought there is no official USB parallel port class, Linux USB
supports a wide range of parallel adapters because many of them conform
to the USB printer class driver. Linux USB natively supports the Lucent
USS720 parallel port adapter which can appear as either a printer or as
a parallel part.

--
Colin
  "Dinner not ready: (A)bort (R)etry (P)izza"