Re: 43p-140 install issues

Hi,

[del]
>Yes, please, i would greatly appreciate it, preferably the 2.6.8 kernel too.
>Let' try to get this fixed before the sarge release, which is not so far off
>now.

OK, 9 hours later I had a current sarge buisnesscard CD image, with
interesting results. I booted the standard kernel from the cdrom
with `boot cdrom:`, it came up and failed to load the initrd, so it died
on the spot as nothing could be mounted. It was detecting that I was using
a serial console.
Of course, I forgot to capture that session, so I did it again with logging
on in kermit. Then I could not boot anything from the CD, but I can still
boot fine from disk, so it's not a hardware problem. The LED displays F05
after reading something from the CDROM in this case and the machine hangs.
Strange.

I will try to boot via tftp, the firmware seems to be unable to boot
a specific file from CDROM,

CU,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Suicide Drive (The Deep Eynde)