Re: USB flash disk (Addendum)

This is an addendum to previous post to correct an error.
(More below)

Harvey Ussery wrote:

ls -l /dev | less

crw-rw-r--  1 root   audio    10, 135 Dec 30 13:35 rtc
brw-rw----  1 root   disk      8,   0 Jan  1 10:29 sda
brw-rw----  1 root   disk      8,  16 Jan  1 10:29 sdb
brw-rw----  1 root   disk      8,  17 Jan  1 10:29 sdb1
drwxrwxrwt  2 root   root          40 Dec 30 13:35 shm

In this present config,
mount /media/imation

succeeds, and

mount /media/diskonkey

fails.

Apparently when I copied the above output of ls /dev, I was copying from a previous query on an open console. I subsequently discovered that the tail -f procedure had indeed created a sdb1 on the fly, and that mount /media/diskonkey (sda1) and mount /media/imation (sdb1) succeed, either sequentially or simultaneously.

My apologies for the oversight, and sincere thanks for your help, HS.

Happy New Year to all!    --HU