Re: mixer doesn't work

Weiqun Zhang wrote:

What kind of machine are you running on?

ibook, G4, 1G, 256M, 30G

You might want to install
alsa-base and alsa-utils if they are not. You could also run
"alsaconf" to detect and configure the sound card.

I've already installed them both. While, alsa-conf failed to find modules,
as follows:

# alsaconf
modinfo: could not find module snd
modinfo: could not find module snd
modinfo: could not find module snd
Unloading sound driver modules...done.
modinfo: could not find module snd-opl3sa2
modinfo: could not find module snd-cs4236
modinfo: could not find module snd-cs4232
modinfo: could not find module snd-cs4231
modinfo: could not find module snd-es18xx
modinfo: could not find module snd-es1688
modinfo: could not find module snd-sb16
modinfo: could not find module snd-sb8

Are the relevant modules loaded? I have the following modules
loaded on my 12" powerbook G4. # lsmod | grep snd
snd_powermac 44304 2
snd_pcm_oss 68136 1
snd_mixer_oss 23264 2 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm 119800 2 snd_powermac,snd_pcm_oss
snd_page_alloc 13480 1 snd_pcm
snd_timer 29348 1 snd_pcm
snd 67800 5 snd_powermac,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore 11812 3 snd

I'm not able to modprobe all of them, are they in the "OSS(deprecated)" part of menuconfig? And, as you can see, i've made the snd_powermac module built in
kernel.

William Xuuu