Re: build transcode for powerpc

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 13:41 +0100, Guido Guenther wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 05:09:19PM +0200, Pander wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Building transcode for powerpc from source doesn't work. Can anyone tell
> > me how to build transcode with
> > debian on a powerpc?
> I have uploaded transcode and avifile packages to:
>  http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~agx/linux-ppc/debian/mplayer/
> it's pretty much untested so far, but feedback is certainly welcome.
> Cheers,
>  -- Guido

Other than the library dependencies not being listed in the
transcode .deb, after installing missing libraries one at a time as they
complained, it appears to work just fine doing .vob -> 2-pass xvid.  A
little slow on my G3 ibook but bearable.

Libraries I installed by hand:

avifile-xvid-plugin
lame
libavc1394-0