Re: Java missing again?

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 12:41:49PM +0100, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz wrote:
} Leandro Guimar?es Faria Corcete DUTRA <leandro@dutra.fastmail.fm> writes:
}
} > Sven Luther wrote:
} >> On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 12:57:46AM +0100, Jose A. Ortega Ruiz wrote:
} >>
} >>>i've got ibm's jdk 1.4.2 working here on an ibook G4. to make it work,
} >>>besides the usual setup, i had to set the env variable
} >>>JITC_PROCESSOR_TYPE=6.
} >
} > 	Did you got a deb file to install it?
} >
}
} Nope. I just untarred the file in a proper location and setup the
} environment (basically JAVA_HOME). To be able to install debs that
} depend on jdk installed, i use dummy packages created with equivs: the
} doc folder of the package 'java-common' contains all the needed files
} and details, and there's also an explanation in the HOWTO it installs.
[...]

Has anyone thought to port/extend java-package to work with the IBM PPC
JDK? I've used it with great success on Sun's JDK distributions on x86. I'm
afraid I don't actually undestand it well enough to modify it, though.

} Cheers,
} jao
--Greg