Re: TEST: Sleep patch #7

Hi Ben,

Not really the time, I am always using patch #1 on alubook 1,25GHz SD / Debian sid :-)) ... Just a question : is your patch only for 2.6.9 or is it both usable for 2.6.10* ?

Benjamin Herrenschmidt a écrit :

> Ok, here's the 7th version of the sleep patch for ATI based albooks &
> iBook G4. Other machine users, please test too as it may cause
> regressions (or improvements) as well.

I have planed to test your #7 ASAP, and will answer to give you feedback when it will work.

> The cache flush problem happens to not be completely fixed yet :( There is > something going on that I don't completely explain yet, might be related to > an errata of some CPU revisions. This version of the patch adds a load/flush > loop before the L2 HW flush on the 745x that appear to make the thing stable
> on the machines I've tested on.

FYI, I have a 7457, and patch#1 works 2 times over 3  (but it works :-)  )

It's a good enough workaround for now, I'm
> working with freescale to find out what's really going on though.
>
> http://gate.crashing.org/~benh/albook-ibookg4-sleep-7.diff

Noticed,

And again, thank you very much fro all your impressive work !!

Regards,
eric bachard

--
eric bachard 	<ericb@openoffice.org>
French OpenOffice.org Community contributor (build of french releases for Linux PPC and Mac OS X / X11)