Re: Hard Drive light

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 08:04:48AM +0100, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Andrea Giusto writes:
>
> > nice feature: the suspend light located on the display opening
> > button (I own a PB12'') acted as a Hard Drive light, just as on my
> > old 586! Do we have something like that in Debian kernels?
>
> It is disabled in the official kernel.  You can roll your own kernel
> of course, which in Debian is very easy thanks to kernel-package, and
> include the feature.

Well, actually it was enabled previously, but some (2) people complained, and
it was removed again. There was some discussion of making the feature
configurable either with a boot param switch (easier way) or with a /proc
entry, but i don't know what it did give. And don't remember who was working
on it, a french guy, if i remember well.

Friendly,

Sven Luther