Re: ppc iBook G4 cover and power control

[ posting to you too, since i dont know if you are subsccribed ]

On Thu, Dec 02, 2004 at 05:57:56AM -0500, Christopher Molnar wrote:

> I use my iBoook G4 on Debian every day, both in and out of the office. I am
> running into a problem that is driving me nuts and I need to solve.
>
> When I close the cover while on battery about 3-4 minutes later the machine
> turns itself off even though I have lot's of life left in the battery.

The nature of the problem is not known. However, search the archives 2-3 days
ago and you will find a link (test patch 5 or 6) for sleep mode. We are
testing a patch provided by super-benh which allows the white beast to go to
bed gracefully.

--
Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.4.27|Helsinki Finland

A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself.
		--Narrator (The usual suspects)