Re: installing debian on IBM 43P-150 (CHRP)

Philippe Guyot said:
> On Wednesday 01 December 2004 17:30, Leigh Brown wrote:
[...]
>> Then, you can burn that image to a CD, and see if it works any better.
>
> Everything done, and...
> All's fine! I am now in the install process!
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> May be useful to report to Debian ? I don't know how.

Indeed.  Could you just tell me if it booted from CD automatically?
There are a couple of issues here:

1. CD images must be built with the -U option to work on RS6K firmware.
2. yaboot needs to be stamped (via ybin) with the note section.
3. The /ppc/bootinfo.txt needs to be created to use autoboot.

I guess I can raise a bug for these once I've confirmed that autoboot
from CD is working for you.