Re: install (boot) problem sarge powerbook G3 (wallstreet)

On Saturday, September 25, 2004, at 07:47 PM, Sebastiaan Molenaar wrote:

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 20:08, Rick Thomas wrote:
For the moment I've got it working with bootX but I would really
like to
get it working with quik.

Unfortunately, that part has never worked for me, either.

For what it's worth, using BootX isn't so bad.  You can fairly
easily get the necessary space for MacOS down to under 50 MB.

I've got it down to 30 and still room to spare, didn't need a zip drive,
just installed MacOS on the partition that was going to be the swap
drive so I had plenty of room, then copied only the necessary files over
so I used about 20 Mb for a MacOS 8.1 with working CD-Rom. then some
room for the kernel and that's it.

30 Mb might not be that much, but on a 4G HD and considering that it
basically is just the boot-loader........

Greetz,
Seb.

Wow, you're doing much better than I am. On the other hand, I'm starting from an 80 GB disk (IDE disk is pretty inexpensive). So my needs are different.

Let me know if you get quik working... Have you taken a look at miboot as an alternative?

Enjoy!

Rick