Re: install (boot) problem sarge powerbook G3 (wallstreet)

On Saturday, September 25, 2004, at 04:47 AM, Sebastiaan Molenaar wrote:

For the moment I've got it working with bootX but I would really like to
get it working with quik.

Unfortunately, that part has never worked for me, either.

For what it's worth, using BootX isn't so bad. You can fairly easily get the necessary space for MacOS down to under 50 MB. If that interests you, reply and I'll explain how. You'll need a Zip disk as an intermediate step (not forever, just long enough to construct a bootable system on the Zip that you then copy to your hard disk.) If your system haven't got a Zip drive, see if you can borrow one from a friend for a couple of days.

Rick