Re: No HFS driver, and "change install priority" menu option missing -- and other bugs found while testing 2.4 boot floppies on OldWorld PowerMac

On Thursday, September 23, 2004, at 06:13 PM, Sven Luther wrote:

I understand the size constraints.  But isn't that the reason why
we added the "root-2" floppy?  Would adding hfs and/or hfsplus kick
us over the edge into "root-3" land?

We could indeed add it to root-2, but i would prefer to get the floppy loading work correctly before i do this rather cosmetic thing working. And hfs/hfsplus
without ide/scsi driver is not really all that usefull, isn't it.

OK. I think see the logic. I'm not clear on what comes from where as far as drivers and install components. Can you give me a general picture? (Seemingly, "net-drivers" and "cd-drivers" are obvious, but maybe not?) In particular, how are things that *aren't* on a particular floppy retrieved, and how does it know which of those to retrieve? Also, is there a general rule for what goes on "root", "root-2", one of the "drivers" floppy, or over the web?

Thanks!

Rick