Re: kernel 2.6.7: now cdrom problem

hi

i did not compile my kernel myself, it is the debian sarge image 2.6.7
mounting on sr0 or so did not help, neither did any modprobe thing, i tried. here is the outcome lsmod with 2.4 and 2.6 and of mount /cdrom on 2.6.

appart from the cdrom i am very happy with the gain of speed with 2.6 !

btw, i get the same failour, when i try to mount my sony u-20 camera, which already worked on suse and woody, i think.

how to go on searching ?

tina

kernel 2.4

nls_iso8859-1           2896   0 (autoclean)
isofs                  26452   0 (autoclean)
evdev                   4944   2
ide-scsi               11052   0
yenta_socket           12032   0
pcmcia_core            44424   0 [yenta_socket]
dmasound_pmac          65440   1
dmasound_core          12848   1 [dmasound_pmac]
soundcore               4200   3 [dmasound_core]
i2c-core               14532   0 [dmasound_pmac]

kernel 2.6.7

Module                  Size  Used by
ide_cd                 49764  0
cdrom                  49660  1 ide_cd
nls_iso8859_1           4416  0
isofs                  42296  0
videodev               11712  0
ipv6                  314252  8
evdev                  11968  2
ide_scsi               20420  0
yenta_socket           23616  0
pcmcia_core            76788  1 yenta_socket
bmac                   19120  0
crc32                   4832  1 bmac
dmasound_pmac          94852  0
dmasound_core          22256  1 dmasound_pmac
soundcore              11812  1 dmasound_core
xfs                   585628  0
jfs                   201156  0
nls_base                8672  3 nls_iso8859_1,isofs,jfs
reiserfs              333368  0
ext2                   65220  0
ext3                  130736  2
jbd                    71576  1 ext3
mbcache                10116  1 ext3
ide_disk               27072  4
sd_mod                 25152  0
scsi_mod              113376  2 ide_scsi,sd_mod
unix                   31992  86

mount /cdrom

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
       or too many mounted file systems
       (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
       ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)

debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org schrieb am 13.09.04 12:52:11:

> Hi,
>
> Christina Boeckler writes:
>
> > next problem with the lombard: i can't mount the cdrom-drive
> >
> > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
> >        or too many mounted file systems
> >
> > is there another module which i have to load for that ?
>
> That would be ide-cd.
>
> Regards, Jens.
>
> --
> J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
> Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je pézqbpbe je djuz tqtaj!

Aufnehmen, abschicken, nah sein - So einfach ist
WEB.DE Video-Mail: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021200