Re: kernel update

The best Linux experience with ppc is (IMO) gained by using the testing
distribution. You have get to sample all the new stuff including kernels
and most of the time it works just as well (if not better) than the
stable versions. Unfortunately it is more or less dependent on you
having a broadband connection or a good friend who can build you some
cd's on a regular basis, since the testing distro is subject to frequent
changes.

www.ppckernel.org has a variety of builds which you might like to look
at.

david