Re: Debian on RS/6000 E30

Hi,

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri writes:

> Just note that on 2.6 my video card is not supported (it's a s3
> trio),

Is this one of the whacky combinations that used to be supported by
the e15fb framebuffer driver, or a genuine S3 Trio supported by s3fb?

> I already submitted those patches to debian people and they said it
> were to be included in sarge, but I don't know if it's... Leigh said
> he has a better and more general solution and asked it to be
> included instead.

> I don't know the current status.

The current status is that neither of the PowerPC kernel maintainers
has received any patches for this machine so far.  If you can spare
the time, can you please test whether your second patch applies
cleanly against kernel-source-2.6.8 and whether the resulting kernel
runs on your machine?  If yes, please file a wishlist bug against
kernel-patch-powerpc-2.6.8 and include the patch.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!